We are a 2-year-old A.I. prop-tech startup spun out of MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We’re technology and analytic savvy folks. We’re intrigued by solving yet unsolved problems in computer vision. As such, we are developing groundbreaking technologies that will transform a whole industry segment. We love what we do and we have fun at it. We work in a laid-back, flat hierarchical company structure. We’re passionate about building an outstanding company and products that change people’s experiences.
We are looking for a customer-focused Backend Engineer with a proven track record in infrastructure optimization on AWS. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll work closely with a team solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision and A.I. systems. As we are an early stage startup, you will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to create ultimate product-market fit.
- Build infrastructure that powers Hosta’s onboarding experience and will need to scale with our user and product growth
- Create tooling and interfaces that allows teams across Hosta to easily define their specific onboarding and compliance requirements
- Rigorously measure outcomes that drive bottom line impact to Hosta’s business
- Work across the company with product, policy, and global teams
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in front-end, back-end, full-stack, and/or software testing technologies
- Good understanding of databases, data structures, algorithms, REST, clean code and architecture
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- You have worked with AWS before and you love getting into the weeds of tools that help us improve our service offering, our cost structure, our scalability
- Experience in implementing/troubleshooting AWS services (serverless, PaaS, etc.)
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Python. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers
We are in to revolutionize the built environment and we are on a pretty good track. You will work in an extremely intellectual environment. Even in a virtual environment, we maintain a team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and fun. We are early and well enough funded to work on the hard things that matter in accomplishing our vision. On top of that, we offer:
- Equity eligible for this position
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Healthcare and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
We have decided to play it safe and work remotely while COVID19 is an unpredictable threat. Once we think risks can be better estimated, we will move back to an office in Cambridge or Boston, MA.