We are hungry, we are bold, we are up to revolutionize the built environment!
We are backed by incredible and renown investors who strongly support our vision to create a pure A.I. driven solution that structurally assesses spaces.
We are born out of MIT where both founders graduated from. We’re technology and analytic savvy folks. We are all self-driven, highly motivated innovators who are all thinking our business forward. We are looking for like-minded people, who are passionate about computer vision, the built environment, and about getting your hands dirty!
We are looking for a 3D CAD Software Engineer who will write software to support the development and maintenance of CAD outputs from Hosta Labs’ Hopper A.I. solution. This position is responsible for creating features that will also include investigating and developing new capabilities and collaborating across engineering teams in front end, backend, and computer vision. As we are an early stage startup, you will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to create ultimate product-market fit.
- Participate in creating system level enhancements for advanced 3D visualization technology
- Collaborate across disciplines effectively to focus and maximize end-to-end solution value
- Create technical plans and schedules with peers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interaction
- Professionally maintain all software to address customer and company needs
- Fix bugs in all parts of the system
- Meet deadlines and proactively communicating status and roadblocks
Skills & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience developing and implementing software applications
- Experience developing CAD applications
- Experience developing complex, professional, graphic applications with C++ and/or Java
- Professional experience using matrix transformations, 3D vector math and linear algebra
- Experience with OpenGL/WebGL/Three.JS/Unity, Python and more
- Experience with 3D graphics programming
- Experience with Object Oriented programming principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with understanding customer needs and translating into intuitive product designs
We are in to revolutionize the built environment and we are on a pretty good track. You will work in an extremely intellectual environment. Even in a virtual environment, we maintain a team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and fun. We are early and well enough funded to work on the hard things that matter in accomplishing our vision. On top of that, we offer:
- Equity eligible for this position
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Healthcare and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
We have decided to play it safe and work remotely while COVID19 is an unpredictable threat. Once we think risks can be better estimated, we will move back to an office in Cambridge or Boston, MA.