Last Modified August 28, 2018
Welcome to Hosta!
These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your access to and use of the website (the “Site”) of Hosta Labs, Inc., creators of Hosta and the Home Design StudioTM at www.hostalabs.com/beta including any content, functionality and services offered on or through the Site, or remotely through any Hosta Labs applications (collectively, the “Services”), so please read them carefully before using the Services.
Using our Services
Description of Services
Hosta provides interior design services that allow its clients to see their decoration, design, and renovation ideas within the context of their own homes. Hosta helps homeowners, remodelers and renters in envisioning their ideal living spaces online. As more fully described on the Site, Hosta offers the following Services:
- Helps users to get the home design they want based on their personal preferences.
- Provides personalized 3d computer models based on room photos that users submit to Hosta.
- Allows users to shop for home furnishings.
- Allows users to plan interior home renovations.
- Allows users to share their designs with others.
Any policies, rules and fees posted by Hosta Labs on the Site with respect to its Services are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
Changes to these Terms
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. As we will be continually improving the Services and adding more features, you are expected to check this page each time you access the Services so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Registering for the Services
Payments for Services
Hosta’s current fee schedule and payment policies for its services are available here.We may revise and update these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. As we will be continually improving the Services and adding more features, you are expected to check this page each time you access the Services so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, code, algorithms, database, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by Hosta Labs and its licensors and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. These Terms permit you to use the Services for your own personal, non-commercial purposes only. You are granted a limited, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Services, subject to these Terms and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and any agreements or terms with third parties to which you are subject. You retain sole ownership of any photos or other content (“User Content”) you submit via the Services; however, you grant Hosta Labs the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose your User Content (i) for the purpose of providing the Services to you and (ii) unless you opt out of such permission, for Hosta Labs’s marketing and advertising purposes. Hosta Labs retains sole ownership of the 3D models it creates using your User Content. Hosta Labs grants to you a right to use the 3D models for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as an element of the Services and subject to all other provisions of these Terms with respect to the Services. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Site except as follows:
- You may privately share and publicly display the room model designs that we create for you on the Site.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of Site materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal use, provided you agree to be bound by any applicable end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site.
- Access or use any part of the Site other than for purposes of receiving the Services.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Services other than as set out in this section, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. No right, title or interest in or to the Services or any content on the Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Hosta Labs. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
The name Hosta and Home Design Studio are pending trademarks of Hosta Labs, Inc. You must not use this name and logo without the prior written permission of Hosta Labs. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Services in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation. You also agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Attempt to bypass methods Hosta may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- Use the Site or Services for any purpose competitive to the Hosta services, or for the purpose of disparaging the Services.
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of other Site users through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work) for any purpose whatsoever.
- Market, sell, transfer, or otherwise make available to any other person or entity any data collected from, or derived from data collected from, the Site, for any commercial, political, market surveying or other purpose, whether in aggregated or bulk form or otherwise.
Reliance on Site Contents and Services
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Hosta Labs shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Site. Hosta Labs disclaims any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury based on information directly or indirectly obtained through the Services.
You have the right to terminate your Hosta account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Upon termination of your account, your user profile will be removed from the Site, your User Content may be removed from the Site, and your User Content will not be available to you. However, you understand that Hosta Labs is not required to remove your User Content, and removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. Hosta Labs has no obligation to maintain or provide User Content of a Hosta registrant after account termination and may delete all content provided unless legally prohibited from doing so.Hosta Labs may terminate your Hosta account with immediate effect for any violation whatsoever of these Terms.
If you believe that your work, including any room or home furnishings photos or design models, has been copied on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated Copyright Agent with the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement regarding the Site can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hosta Labs will terminate the accounts of repeat offenders.
Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to the homepage of the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. The Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Site.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Site.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn).
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Except through linking mechanisms we provide, link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Site
Hosta Labs is a U.S. company and the Services are based in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that content available for downloading from the Internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and for maintaining a means external to our Site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY FEATURES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY FEATURES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. NEITHER HOSTA LABS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH HOSTA LABS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER HOSTA LABS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH HOSTA LABS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT, OR ANY FEATURES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY FEATURES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. HOSTA LABS AND ALL PARTIES ASSOCIATED WITH HOSTA HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL HOSTA LABS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE, OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOSTA LABS’S LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ANY FEES PAID BY YOU IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS.THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Hosta Labs, its affiliates and licensors and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from your violation of these Terms or your use of the Services, including, without limitation, any use of the content, services, and products of the Services other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to, them, their subject matter or their formation (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Massachusetts law except for its conflicts of laws principles. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services must be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Massachusetts, and both parties consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver of these Terms by Hosta Labs shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition, and any failure of Hosta Labs to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Mobile Application Terms
Hosta will reimburse the cost of your modeling package purchase to your original form of payment in the event you are not satisfied with your experience. In order to be eligible for this reimbursement, you must have first engaged in the redesign process with Hosta agents, providing ample feedback to allow the Hosta team to provide you a satisfactory experience. The money-back guarantee reimbursement will only apply for your first Hosta modeling package within the first thirty days of purchase. Limit one per user.
You may not assign any of your rights in these Terms, and any such attempt is void, but Hosta Labs may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services. Hosta Labs and you are not legal partners or agents; instead, our relationship is that of independent contractors.
Your Comments and Concerns
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: email@example.com